4 Types of Marketplace Christians
Experience has taught me that there are generally four types of marketplace Christians. Which type are you?
- Believe… Marketplace is evil.
- Goal… Survive the marketplace unharmed.
- Strategy… Avoid contact with non-believers to escape possible corruption.
- Others say… “Meh”
- Impact… None.
- Believe… Can’t change marketplace, but it won’t change them. Having an impact comes down to luck.
- Goal… Stand their ground and play to a draw.
- Strategy… Be nice to people but don’t share faith unless asked about it.
- Others say… “Nice person”
- Impact… Marginal.
- Believe… God cares about business and Holy Spirit will help them succeed.
- Goal… Create value and impact at work; succeeding in business and ministry. Lead people to Jesus through leadership.
- Strategy… Holy Spirit led; speaks openly about faith, invites people to church, prays for guidance and favor.
- Others say… “I’m skeptical about that Christian guy, but I like him”
- Impact… Effective.
- Believe… Ability to transform people, businesses, markets, and cities by engaging the Holy Spirit at work.
- Goal… Change the spiritual landscape of whole organizations in favor of the kingdom of heaven.
- Strategy… Holy Spirit led; actions speak louder than words, timing is everything, diligently prays for value and impact.
- Others say… “I really trust that guy and listen carefully to everything he says”
- Impact… Transformational.